Monitor Audio WSS430 Super Slim In-Wall Speaker
|Frequency Response (-6 dB)||70 Hz – 50 kHz|
|Sensitivity (1W@1M)||87 dB|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Maximum SPL||106.5 dBA|
|Power Handling (RMS)||75 W Full range (120 W with crossover set to 100 Hz @ 12 dB/Octave)|
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements||10 – 120 W|
|Drive Unit Complement||3 x 3" dished C-CAM cone bass-mid drivers 1 x MPD High frequency transducer – rotatable for portrait or landscape application|
|Crossover Recommendation using AVR/Processor||100 Hz at a minimum of 12 dB/Octave (24 dB/Octave optimum)|
|Overall Dimensions||385 x 140.5 mm (15 x 51/2")|
|Overall Depth (Including Grille)||54.25 mm (21/8")|
|Cut-Out Dimensions||346 x 101 mm (131/2 x 4")|
|Mounting Depth||50 mm (2")|
|Connection||Gold Plated Sprung push terminals – For bare wire connection up to 4 mm2|
|Fixing Type||6 position Tri-Grip dog fixings|
|Weight||1.1 kg (2 lb 6 oz)|
|Construction Material||Mineral filled ABS Plastic, RoHS2 Compliant. Painted steel grille|
Shipping & Returns
Our Super Slim in-wall range flagship, the WSS430 effortlessly delivers the most critical audiophile and cinema experiences. Using design principles and technology from our flagship Platinum II speaker models, performance from this formidable in-wall challenges that from the best high-end, box speaker designs.
The WSS430 flagship maintains its siblings’ shallow depth – all three feature identical footprints – and offers supreme audio performance, drawing on design principles, and materials, from Monitor’s Audio’s high-end Platinum II speakers.
The WSS430 range topper employs dished C-CAM cones to ensure ultimate diaphragm rigidity – the main aim here is to reduce distortion. High strength Neo magnets and larger voice coils provide incredible driving force, low magnetic leakage, and slim profile. The magnetic system provides an ‘under-hung’ motor arrangement, ensuring the coil stays in the gap, reducing distortion further and increasing power handling.
Still just 50 mm deep, there is a lot going on with the WSS430. The MPD high frequency transducer technology – also from Monitor Audio’s flagship Platinum II designs – ensures incredibly low distortion, delivering clear high frequency to over 50 kHz. Remove the model’s magnetic front trim and you can rotate the tweeter to provide the optimum dispersion when using the model in landscape orientation.
- Good, better, best performance levels
- Super-slim depth 50 mm (2") – designed to fit in 2" stud walls or where space is restricted
- Designed for portrait or landscape installation – fits between standard 14" stud bays
- Elegant, slim profile only 385 x 140 mm wide
- Three, 3" bass/mid-range drivers featuring incremental technology and performance benefits – MMP II, C-CAM and dished C-CAM cones
- 25 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter used on WSS130 and WSS230 models. WSS430 utilises MPD high frequency transducer from Platinum IC model and flagship Platinum II speaker range
- High quality crossover components – Selected and voiced for amazing sonic performance
- Magnetically attached ‘trim-less’ grille – discreet, reliable, and easy servicing
- Tri-Grip Dog leg fixings – reliable, robust, and quick to install
- Gold plated sprung push terminals – easy to connect and reliable
- Paintable grille – to complement and blend with décor
- WSS430 has rotating tweeter for optimum dispersion when used in landscape configuration
- WB3 (dark blue) pre-construction bracket
This product has no reviews yet.
WHILE YOU ARE BROWSING