LENC's Black Ash SVS PB-1000 Review:
The SVS PB 1000 simply put, is an excellent value and top-performing subwoofer for both your Hi-Fi and home theatre needs. Priced at a little over $1000, it offers excellent low-end bass extension, easy integration and a beautiful black ash finish.
We typically don't like the word 'musical' as a descriptive term but in this instance, it applies to the PB 1000 due to its impressive performance in both Hi-Fi and home cinema settings. All-in-all, this is one of the best subwoofers you'll come across at close to a thousand dollars.
A ported box home theatre subwoofer with 10-inch high output driver and 300 watts RMS, 700+ watts peak power amplifier, the SVS PB 1000 ported subwoofer in premium black ash delivers ground-shaking SPL output and subterranean low-frequency extension without sacrificing detail and accuracy.
The PB-1000 is an anomaly in the world of subwoofers. It plays below the levels of human hearing, down to 19Hz and lower, yet costs a fraction of what subwoofers with similar low-frequency extension and output go for. Simply put, it’s the deepest, most effortless and authoritative bass you’ll find for under $500. No subwoofer comes close to offering this level of low-frequency performance value.
- Premium black ash finish.
- Front-firing 10” driver.
- Front-firing 3.5" high-flow port with inner/outer port flares.
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Rigid and strong cabinet construction.
- Detachable power cord.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 18.9" (H) x 15" (W) x 19.4" (D) (without grille).
- Overall Dimensions: 18.9" (H) x 15" (W) x 20" (D) (with grille).
- Weight (unboxed): 46 pounds.
- Shipped Dimensions: 24" (H) x 24" (W) x 20" (D).
- Shipped Weight: 60 pounds.
- SVS 10" high-performance driver.
- FEA-optimized motor technology for low distortion.
- High-power voice coil for excellent thermal management.
- Long-throw suspension for high output at deep frequencies.
- Lightweight cone for enhanced sensitivity and transient response.
- Rubber surround for durability and long-life.
- Dual high-grade ferrite magnets.
- Vented pole piece for greater cooling and low noise.
- Sledge STA-300D with 300 watts RMS continuous power (720 watts peak dynamic power).
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology.
- 300 watts (720 watts peak dynamic).
- Green standby mode with less than 0.5 watts consumption.
- Detachable power cord with main power switch.
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications.
- Auto-On / On switch.
- DSP control for accurate response and refined behaviour under all operating conditions.
- Stereo line-level RCA Input & 80Hz High Pass Filtered Output connections.
- Stereo speaker level 5-way binding post input connections.
- Continuously variable low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting.
- Continuously variable volume and phase controls.
- Input impedance - 47 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 2 kΩ (speaker level)