The true MONO cartridge from Ortofon!
The 2M Series of cartridges is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove. Our philosophy is to play the record sound as accurate as possible, without coloring the sound.
The name 2M was selected form among several ideas. We wanted a modern name that would be easy to pronounce and remember, and therefore an alphanumerical name was chosen. 2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
The 2M series of cartridges features Ortofon’s trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge. Split pole pins were invented by Ortofon, and were originally presented in the 500 series and Super OM series.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
The 2M Mono Series features:
- an improved engine, which provides a high level of sonic accuracy
- R 18µm Nude Spherical stylus that is an optimal solution for playing mono microgroove LP vinyl records
- 2M Mono uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system. Read more about Ortofon True Mono cartridges range »
2M Mono Plug and Play model
The new 2M headshell is a practical and elegant solution for our customers who wish direct and easy mounting and replacement on their tonearm. The combination of 2M Headshell and 2M Series cartridge adds unique distinction to the turntable!
2M Headshell features:
- Universal mount fitting a wide range of tonearms.NB: on Technics models please use the auxiliary weight which is vital in this case.
- The headshell body is manufactured from a special compound used for Medical industry, ensures high rigidity while reducing unwanted vibration
- Elegant hi-tech design
- Length 52mm. Headshell with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted provides correct Baerwald alignment with Ortofon TA-110/210, likewise with the major part of tonearms with universal mount
- Weight 16.9g, weight with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted 23g
- Exclusive plug-and-play solution
The 2M headshell is available in 2M PnP configuration (2M cartridge pre-mounted on the 2M headshell).
Find out how to best align your cartridge here.
|Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.||4 mV|
|Channel balance at 1 kHz||-|
|Channel separation at 1 kHz||-|
|Channel separation at 15 kHz||-|
|Frequency range at - 3dB||20-22,000 Hz|
|Frequency response||20-20,000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB|
|Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force||70 µm|
|Compliance, dynamic, lateral||18 µm/mN|
|Stylus type||Nude Spherical|
|Stylus tip radius||R18 µm|
|Tracking force range||1.6-2.0g (16-20 mN)|
|Tracking force (recommended)||1.8 g (18 mN)|
|Internal impedance, DC resistance||700 Ohm|
|Internal inductance||350 mH|
|Recommended load resistance||47 kOhm|
|Recommended load capacitance||150-300 pF|
|Cartridge colour (body/stylus)||Black/White|
|Cartridge weight without screws||7.2 g|
|Replacement stylus unit||2M Mono|