Lindemann MUSICBOOK SOURCE II Streaming Pre-amplifier
|Measurement conditions:||22 °C, 230 V mains voltage, Audio Precision AP2722|
|Mains connection||90 – 240 V, 50 – 60 Hz|
|Power consumption||0.2 W stand-by, 8 W operation, 18 W max.|
|Dimensions||(W x H x D): 280 x 220 x 63 mm (11 x 8.7 x 2.5 in.)|
|Weight||2.6 kg (5.73 lbs)|
|Resolution||768 kHz/32 bit and DSD 512|
|Dynamic range||>125 dB|
|THD & Noise||<0.001 % (@ 0 dB FS)|
|Master-Clock||Ultra low jitter MEMS Femto Clock|
|Re-Sampling||with 180 dB dynamics and 32 bit resolution, bit-perfect or DSD|
|Re-sampling jitter damping||>60 dB|
|Converter architecture||two AK4493 DACs in dual differential mono mode, AK4137 re-sampler|
|Output voltage||3 V @ 0 dBFS RCA, 6 V @ 0 dBFS XLR|
|WLAN||Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, WPS support|
|USB||High-speed host interface for harddisks, USB sticks, DVD ROM drives, max. output current 1.5 A|
|Supported codecs||WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, WMA, DSD|
|UPnP and DLNA support|
|PCM resolution||44.1 kHz up to 384 kHz, 24bit (WLAN up to 192 kHz)|
|DSD resolution||DSD 64 up to DSD 256 (WLAN up to DSD 128)|
|Streaming services||TIDAL Connect, Qobuz, Deezer, HighResAudio, Spotify Connect|
|Internet radio and podcast|
|Inputs||two analog line inputs with 50 kOhms of input impedance. Max. input voltage 3 V unbalanced. MM input for connecting a turntable. Connection values MM: 47 kOhms / 150 pF.|
|Outputs||one balanced and one unbalanced output. The outputs may be used independently. Output impedance: RCA: 100 ohms, XLR: 100 Ohms. Max. output voltage: 3 V unbalanced, 6 V balanced|
|Volume level control range||0 to 80 dB in 1 dB steps|
|Balance control||+ / - 6 dB in 1 dB steps|
|Frequency response||2 – 200 kHz (-3 dB)|
|THD & Noise||< 0.001 % @ 3 V output|
|Headphone connector||6.35 mm (1/4“) jack socket|
|Headphone gain||0 dB / 12 dB switchable|
|Recommended headphone impedance||16 - 200 ohms|
|Damping factor of headphone output||>100|
Shipping & Returns
Each Musicbook order is sourced direct from the manufacturer. Expect a 3 week delay for your delivery from Germany to arrive. Trust us, it's worth the wait.
Lindemann MUSICBOOK SOURCE II Streaming Pre-amplifier
A fully equipped signal source which sets a new sound benchmark?
Here you are: the Musicbook SOURCE II is a versatile signal source that meets even the highest demands on sound quality. Be it music from streaming services or from a music server, from CDs or LPs, everything’s possible and easy to operate via the app. Friends of high-class headphones will also get their money’s worth: the integrated headphone amplifier defines new standards in this class. The icing on the cake is the excellent phono MM input for turntables!
Connect your Musicbook SOURCE to a suitable power amplifier such as the Musicbook POWER II Power Amplifier or directly to active loudspeakers, and from now on you’ll be enjoying music in the most beautiful way: rich in detail and yet relaxed, with a wide stage or a small ensemble, dynamically vigorous or soft and emotional.
ONE FOR ALL.
OperationAll functions of the Musicbook SOURCE II can be controlled conveniently via the newly developed LINDEMANN app which is available for Android and iOS, for tablets also in the particularly lucid landscape mode. The app offers an easy to understand and intuitive control over the various sources. A comprehensive menu for the device settings makes the operation of the Musicbook as easy as 1-2-3. The integrated multi-room function allows to run several streaming devices in different rooms simultaneously or individually. The supply of streaming services is broadly diversified, with a clear focus on streaming in high-res quality. You can choose between Spotify Connect, TIDAL Connect, Qobuz, Deezer and HighResAudio. In addition to internet radio there are also podcasts from lots of different providers.
All relevant functions can also be controlled with the included remote.
The circuitry of the Musicbook SOURCE II has been designed around the high-performance streaming platform and fine-tuned for optimum sound quality.
In the digital-analog converter of the Musicbook SOURCE we use one of the best-sounding converter elements of all times, the AK4493 from the Japanese digital specialist AKM. This converter excels metrologically by extremely low distortion figures and musically by natural timbres, a perfect timing and a totally relaxed pace. The converter blocks are run in mono mode, i.e. each channel has its own D/A converter. But there is more! Prior to the actual conversion, all digital input signals are submitted to an ultra-precise re-sampling by means of an MEMS femto-clock. The thus generated data are absolutely jitter-free: the basic prerequisite for perfect sound with digital music! An additional improvement offers the possibility to convert all data into a 1-bit signal (DSD).
From a musical point of view, this mode of operation is the icing on the cake and opens up a totally new sound dimension in terms of room imaging and high-frequency reproduction.
The analog preamp of the SOURCE II uses a purely analog volume level control. Analog sources are processed on the analog domain. The built-in phono MM preamp offers an exceptionally musical reproduction and is identical in construction to the highly appreciated Limetree Phono. The headphone amplifier of the Musicbook also brings you sound at its finest and has plenty of output power even for demanding headphones.
The power supply of the Musicbook sets new benchmarks for an interference- and noise-free performance. All functional areas are equipped with proprietary, ultra low-noise voltage regulators with less than 10 µV of noise voltage. Therefore a mutual influence between the Musicbook’s individual elements can be ruled out.
- The new LINDEMANN streaming platform offers music playback from the internet in high-res quality with 24-bit resolution. And all that wireless via WLAN. Owing to WPS the connection to the router is a piece of cake. The ARM-core high-performance processor and the web update feature make the platform absolutely future-proof.
- The LINDEMANN app is available for Android and iOS, both for smartphones and tablets in landscape mode. The album oriented programming excels by a fluent browsing and an easy, intuitive operation. The app allows to control all functions and settings of the Musicbook SOURCE II.
- Technologically the Musicbook SOURCE II is far ahead of the competition: all digital input signals are converted into DSD, a highly appreciated data format among audiophiles all over the world. This completely new approach raises in particular "normal" CD grade recordings to an exceptionally high sound quality level.
- Via USB the Musicbook SOURCE II supports the connection of external CD-ROM drives and thus transforms easily into a top-class CD player without high costs! Upon linking the drive is recognised automatically and the content of the CD is displayed on the LINDEMANN app. The CD can then be played using the app or the remote control.
- The headphone amplifier of the Musicbook SOURCE has a powerful output stage which can drive headphones from 16 to 200 ohms. The built-in amplifier is both metro-logically and sound wise of the very finest quality.
- The Bluetooth function of the Musicbook SOURCE II enables direct wireless music playback from smartphones or tablets (without a network). Here the A2DP Bluetooth audio transfer protocol guarantees ultimate sound quality.
- Optionally the Musicbook SOURCE II is also available with a built-in CD drive (at an extra charge). The quality of the integrated D/A converter turns the Musicbook SOURCE into an absolute top-level CD player. Discover how much sound is really hidden on your CDs!
- As to the circuitry, the phono MM preamp of the Musicbook SOURCE II is identical to our Limetree PHONO and offers an exceptionally good record sound with a high fun factor.
- A special highlight is the multi-room feature which allows to run several streaming devices in different rooms simultaneously or individually. Convenient controlling is provided by the LINDEMANN app.
- Two digital SPDIF inputs allow to connect digital sources like e.g. CD drives or TV devices.
- Two analog line inputs allow to connect analog sources like phono amplifier, CD player, tuner or tape recorder.
- The IR remote control, which is included in the delivery, allows not only to set the volume level, but also to navigate through playlists or on a CD.
This product has no reviews yet.
WHILE YOU ARE BROWSING