The durable, battery-powered smart speaker for outdoor and indoor listening.
Get brilliant sound anywhere with the weatherproof and drop-resistant Move. Control with your voice, the Sonos app, and Apple AirPlay 2 at home, and stream via Bluetooth when WiFi isn't available.
Great sound in the great outdoors
WiFi at home, Bluetooth everywhere else
With an IP56 rating, Move stands up to humidity, rain, snow, dust, salt spray, UV rays, and extreme heat and cold.
Battery that lasts
Enjoy up to 10 hours of continuous play time and deep, powerful sound. Easily recharge Move on the included base, or get power on the go with the USB-C travel charger.
Grab and go
Move fits seamlessly into the included charging base and features an ergonomic handle, making it easy to pick up and carry.
Don't worry about accidental drops or bumps. Move's components are protected by a hardwearing, shock-resistant case.
Features & Specs:
- Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speaker drivers and acoustic architecture.
- Responsive audio chime lets you know Sonos Move has heard you and is working on a response.
- Far-field microphone array uses smart voice capture and noise cancellation.
- One downward-firing tweeter creates a crisp, clear high-frequency response that disperses evenly for an ultra-wide soundscape.
- One mid-woofer integrated into the cabinet ensures faithful playback of mid-range vocal frequencies plus deep, rich bass.
- Rated IP56 for protection from dust particles and liquid splashes.
- Dimensions: H x W x D - 9.44 x 6.29 x 4.96 in. (240 x 160 x 126 mm)
- Product finish: Black with black grille
- Top-panel features: Capacitive touch controls for volume up/down, previous/next track, play/pause, microphone mute. LED indicates status, mute status, and voice feedback.
- Complete privacy: An illuminated LED indicator light ensures you’re always aware when the speaker’s microphone is active.
- Weight: 6.61 lb (3 kg) including battery
Power and Networking:
- Power supply: USB-C adapters must support one or more of the following output levels: 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/2.25A.
- Charging base power supply: - Input: 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, 1.2A; Output: 18VDC, 2.5A
- WiFi: Supports 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4 GHz, and 5GHz.
- Bluetooth: Stream music and more with Bluetooth when you're away from home using your phone or another capable device.
- Apple AirPlay 2: Works with AirPlay 2 on Apple devices iOS 11.4 and higher.
- Battery: 10 hours per charge
- Playback from -10°C to 55°C. Charging from 0°C to 45°C.
Sonos Move, charging base, QuickStart Guide, and legal/warranty information.
How do I use Bluetooth?
Once you have set up Move on your WiFi network, press the Bluetooth/WiFi mode button on the back of the speaker to switch to Bluetooth mode. The LED on top of the speaker will illuminate blue. To pair, select Move from the list of available devices on your phone. If it does not appear, press and hold the button.
What does the Sonos app do on Bluetooth?
The Sonos app will control your system on WiFi but not Bluetooth. To listen on Bluetooth, use a streaming service app, such as Spotify.
Does voice control work on Bluetooth?
No. You must be connected to WiFi for the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa to work on Sonos.
Can I stereo pair Move?
Yes. You can pair two Moves on WiFi for stereo sound.
Can I use two Moves as home cinema surrounds?
Does Move pair with Sub?
No. Because Move is designed to move around your home, pairing with Sub would result in mid and high frequencies in one room and bass in another for imbalanced sound and an inferior listening experience. You can, however, group Move with a system that includes Sub, such as a 5.1 home cinema setup.
What does the IP56 rating mean?
An IP rating is an international standard that defines how effectively electrical enclosures resist intrusion from foreign elements, such as dust and liquids. The numbers that follow “IP” have specific meanings. The first ranges from 1-7 and defines the degree of protection from foreign elements, such as dust. The second ranges from 1-9 and defines the degree of protection from various forms of liquids, including sprays, drips, and submersion.
Move is rated IP56, meaning it is protected from very fine particles, such as dust, and heavy liquid splashing, including heavy rain and snowfall.
Is the charging base weather-resistant?
No. The speaker itself was designed for outdoor use and is therefore resistant to water, dust, and other elements. The charging base, however, should only be used indoors.
Can I take Move to the beach?
How long does the battery last?
Move’s battery will last for up to 10 hours of uninterrupted playback. Pausing, volume level, Bluetooth, heat exposure, and other factors will cause battery life to fluctuate. If left off the charging base and unused, the battery will last about 120 hours.
What’s the lifespan of Move's lithium-ion battery?
The battery should last about three years or 900 charges, after which you can purchase a replacement battery.
How does auto Trueplay work?
Move's microphones detect what you're playing and measure the frequency response from your surroundings. Using software, the speaker then adjusts its EQ for perfectly balanced sound.
Will auto Trueplay work if the microphones are off?
No. The microphones must be on for auto Trueplay to work.
How often does auto Trueplay adjust the sound?
Auto Trueplay is triggered whenever Move is placed in a new location, and it continuously refines the sound whilst Move is stationary.
Does automatic Trueplay work when Move is on Bluetooth?
Automatic Trueplay currently only works on WiFi.
Do the microphones hear commands when audio is playing?
Yes. On WiFi the far-field microphones in the speaker detect your voice from any direction. You can speak at a natural volume to activate supported voice commands.
Can I turn the microphones off?
Yes. Simply touch the microphone icon and the light will turn off, indicating that the microphones are inactive. The light is hardwired so you know that the microphones are only active when it is illuminated.