Monitor 50 4G Bookshelf Speakers
The compact Monitor 50s are designed to be placed in a bookshelf type environment and they deliver a surprisingly powerful performance for such small speakers.
The Monitor 50's modern square cabinets complement the 51/2" MMP II drivers and 25 mm black C-CAM tweeters. By placing the tweeters in the top corner of the speakers, Monitor Audio has been able to reduce the size of the cabinet and give a unique appearance.
The compact dimensions, driver technology, and rear port allow the speakers to perform in the most confined locations. As the cabinet is rear-ported, the output is well damped and is suitable for placement close to a wall. A single set of high-quality gold plated binding posts provide the connections for a suitable amplifier. The Monitor 50s certainly sound bigger than they look.
Engineered With Care:
Combining the C-CAM dome tweeter from Monitor Audio’s multi award-winning Bronze series with a creative use of the drivers’ configuration, the speakers are tuned to deliver a truly musical performance.
With a choice of bookshelf or floorstanding speakers, and a powerful centre and subwoofer, the Monitor Series delivers detailed audio resolution in both two-channel and multi-channel configurations.
The speakers feature all the class and style expected from Monitor Audio and are finished in a choice of black, white or walnut. Their design and construction ensure that they will complement any room.
- Classic Monitor Audio speaker design with a playful twist
- Orange translucent MMP II (Metal Matrix Polymer) driver cones – adds a stylish touch
- High overall impedance (8 ohms) – easy to drive with lower power amplifiers
- Black C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) dome tweeter – derived from Monitor Audio’s award-winning Bronze series
- Creative use of 51/2" and 61/2" drivers have delivered a compact bookshelf, floorstand model together with larger bookshelf and floorstander to complement larger rooms and higher power applications
- HiVe II (High Velocity, Low Noise Reflex Port) technology – for improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Black, white or a walnut finish, with contrasting grey baffle
- Outrigger feet on floorstanding models deliver a sleeker appearance, takes up less floor space and improves stability
Want to make it easy?
Monitor Audio Warranty - All products, excluding accessories, are covered by warranty for 5 years from the date of purchase. Find out more here.
|System Format:||2 Way|
|Frequency Response:||55 Hz – 30 kHz|
|Sensitivity (1W@1M):||87 dB|
|Nominal Impedance:||8 ohms|
|Maximum SPL:||109 dBA|
|Power Handling (RMS):||70 W|
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements:||15 – 70 W|
|Cabinet Design:||Rear ported bass reflex with HiVe II port technology|
|Drive Unit Complement:||
1 x 51/2" MMP II bass mid-range
1 x 25 mm black C-CAM tweeter
|Crossover Frequency:||2.8 kHz|
|External Dimensions (Including Grille (H x W x D)):||206 x 206 x 237.8 mm|
|Weight:||3.56 kg (7 lb 14 oz)|