Monitor Audio Gold 200 5G Floorstander Speakers
The Gold 200 is the most compact floorstander in the series. As with our other Gold stand mount and floorstanding speakers, it combines the driver technology of our Platinum II flagship speakers and beautiful cabinetry to stunning effect.
A more compact floorstander, the Gold 200 nevertheless delivers full-scale performance. It's three-way design features two 6½" (165 mm) RDT II bass drivers beneath a 2½" (64 mm) C-CAM mid-range driver with a MPD high-frequency transducer module, backed up by dual rear-firing HiVe II ports.
All but the largest rooms will benefit from Gold 200’s remarkably tight and textured bass response, deftly informative mid-range and smooth high-frequency attack. Regardless of volume or your listening position, Gold 200’s powers of communication will move you.
Engineered With Care:
Monitor Audio’s decades of experience in producing award-winning loudspeakers has resulted in the latest Gold Series. Uncompromised in concept, construction and sound, the Gold Series has been designed to deliver performance to enjoy for a lifetime.
Monitor Audio loudspeakers are admired for their peerless combination of aesthetic beauty, flawless construction and exquisite sound. Each of the six models in the Gold Series has been painstakingly designed and meticulously constructed by a team of dedicated engineers and craftsmen.
- MPD high-frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- Dual 61/2" bespoke bass drivers, featuring:
RDT II Cone technology – specially developed Sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped
DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimised to reduce high frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
- Dual HiVe II ports – improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – highest quality transfer through the signal chain
- Soft touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Sturdy cast metal out-rigger feet with spike or rubber foot for carpet or hard flooring – provides more attractive appearance and takes up less floor space
Monitor Audio Warranty - All products, excluding accessories, are covered by warranty for 5 years from the date of purchase. Find out more here.
|Frequency Response (-6 dB)||35 Hz – 50 kHz|
|Sensitivity (1W@1M)||88 dB|
|Nominal Impedance||4 Ohms|
|Minimum Impedance||3.4 Ohms @ 1 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||114 dBA (Pair)|
|Power Handling (RMS)||200 W|
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements||80 – 200 W|
Dual HiVe II port system
L.F/ M.F: 650 Hz
M.F/ H.F: 3.5 kHz
|Drive Unit Complement||
2 x 61/2" RDT II long-throw bass driver
1 x 21/2" C-CAM mid-range driver
1 x MPD high-frequency transducer
|External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D))||950 x 195 x 330.6 mm|
|External Dimensions (including Outrigger Feet and Spikes (H x W x D))||997 x 282.8 x 387.8 mm|
|Weight (each)||21.86 kg|